This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.slinks.com (The Site). The Site is operated by Slinks Ltd. Studio 5, Ossian Mews, London N4 4DT.
For the purposes of the GDPR General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller.
Our commitment to you is that we will protect your privacy at all times including any information you submit to us online, or any printed correspondence to and from you. We will not sell, pass on your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes. Within this policy, we explain with transparency how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls and rights you have.
This policy may be updated at any time, to reflect any changes to our policy or current laws in place. This policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.
We may collect and process your personal data for the following reasons under the GDPR:
Contractual Obligation – if you placed an order with us, we may need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. This will include your billing information and delivery information.
Consent – if you subscribe to our emails by ticking a box, you agree to us contacting you by our newsletters about any relevant to our business that may be of interest to you. You will always have the option to unsubscribe to our newsletter at any time.
Legal Obligation If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data, e.g. if you’re involved in any criminal activity affecting Slinks Ltd.
The personal data we collect
Slinks Ltd. is a consumer site, so we collect the following personal data:
When you visit the Site
- We may automatically collect information about you and your online behaviour on the Site such as products you are browsing, website or marketing campaigns from which led you to the Site, the type of internet browser you use and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server and email service provider. Your personal information cannot be identified from this information and it is only collected for research purposes of the reach of our Site.
- If you are one of our customers or potential customers
- Information (such as your name, email address, billing and delivery address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may be responsible for or involved with;
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions you make through the Site
We collect your personal when?
- When you have visited our Site, and place an order online
- When you contact us by email or telephone to place and order
- When you contact us via social media sites
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
How do we use your personal data and for what purpose?
When you visit the Site
We may use your personal data when we:
- You complete transactions in relation to payments you make on our Site;
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- Identify visitors to the Site;
- We review for research purposes our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
We may use your personal data when we:
- Process your orders and provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- Administer your account with us;
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users
- Identify visitors to the Site
- Carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes (we’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests);
- Respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints (handling the information you sent enables us to respond and keeping a record may inform any future communication with us and demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout)
- Send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you (e.g. updates to this Privacy Notice and legally required information relating to your orders)
- Administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
This is how we protect your data
Your data is protected at all times when you place an order online or in person. Our website is
SSL encrypted. SSL means Secure Socket Layer, and provides protection of your sensitive personal information being passed between the web server and the browser encrypting it. This makes it less likely for your information to be intercepted.
We keep upto date with any recommended security updates of our operating platforms and implement them as soon as possible.
If you are using a shared computer, it is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information.
How long do we keep your personal data?
When we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and taking our legal and regulatory obligations into account. At the end of this period, we’ll delete or anonymise your personal data.
Do we share your personal data, if so with who?
- We do not share your personal data with any partners or third parties for marketing purposes whatsoever
- We may disclose your personal information to our web host, payment gateway provider , postage services(Royalmail), newsletter communication(Mailchimp) who assist us in providing the goods and services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
- In the event that we ceased trading, any personal information we hold about you will be destroyed/deleted.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
Your right of access:
If you ask us, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information within 28 days from the date of your request. If your request is more complex, then a reasonable extension may be necessary but you will be advised of this with 28 days from the receipt of your request.
Your right to rectification:
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified. If you are entitled to rectification and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible and where this would not involve disproportionate effort. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to erasure:
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable because that was the legal basis on which we were processing your personal information). If you are entitled to erasure and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll take reasonable steps to inform those others where possible and where this would not involve disproportionate effort. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with in writing including email.
If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you think your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office by calling 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
If you are based outside the UK, you may lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
When Slinks provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files (Cookies) yourself and learn more about them through your internet browser or visiting www.allaboutcookies.org